Sunday, February 2, 2014

Colorshine Cards Part 2

Hey paper peeps! Welcome to the continuing saga of my Colorshine Card adventures ;) I have a couple more cards for you today, both of which are Valentines woohoo! My first one is using the new heart shaped Color Shine card by Heidi Swapp, find them at Michaels! Here is what I came up with!

 
Seriously I know we hear this all the time, but the possibilities are really endless. I'm sorry. I had to go there. I used the Blush Color Shine which is my absolute favorite. It's just so soft and purty!

 
I wanted to jazz up the heart with a word cut out, but I don't have the Silhouette or anything like that (I've been dreaming of owning one fo-evuh now!) so I just used some regular letter dies, opened it up and ran it through my big shot like this;

 
Turned out pretty cute, but just be careful that you plan out your letters first and make sure you have room for all of them lol I kinda scared myself a little, thought I was gonna run out eek! I added some glittery paper behind the letters to make them pop!
 
On the inside I used a new Heidi Swapp background stamp with white heat embossing powder, and I love how it turned out! For some reason the pics are super dark but the card is really light and pretty in real life?
 

 
I did a light coat of the Blush Color Shine first, then laid down the heart negative from the heart stencil set and sprayed it again, which left this faded looking heart there. I love it!

 
I love making the inside of cards look pretty too! Especially if I'm not putting money in it ha!
 
Okay for my next trick I have another Color Shine Card, a super simple one using a mixture of the Coral & Blush shines.
 
 
I used the card with the adorable heart already cut out, and a Pink Paislee watercolor paper tag with the word LOVE cut out ;) The little hearts can be found in the Color Magic Ephemera Pack which I would suggest buying more than one...just sayin...

 
I just attached the tag by punching a hole at the top of the tag and the front cover top of the card, and tied some dyed ribbon in it.

 
So fun and it was a super easy and fast card!
 
If any of you would like to send me a Valentine I wouldn't be mad.... ;)
 
Have a beautiful day and get scrappin!
 
Love, Rah
 

No comments: