Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pixie Dust March Challenge

Hey peeps! What a beautiful Saturday! I went to Ikea today, and all I can say is...woah. Thanks to them, I now have a gazillion ideas running through my mind!! Plus it smelled like cinnamon rolls which made the experience that much more enjoyable ;) So over at the Pixie Dust Paperie Blog, there is a new challenge, a sketch challenge this time! I love these! They are a challenge, but takes the stress out of designing a page. Here's the sketch;




 I cannot get the picture of the sketch to not be blurry?! Weeiirrrdd...So here's my fun little layout based on the sketch;


I used the line by Echo Park, "This & That." It is sooo cute and perfect for the feeling I wanted to convey using this picture. The flower in the center is Dear Lizzy by American Crafts, kraft envelope by Maya Road.





This is a picture of my Kyle & I. It was a beautiful summer day, and we were out exploring on our bikes, and Im so thankful for this picture. Even though I hate pics of myself, (especially this one because Im pressing my arm against my body so it looks fat), it's so important that we get over that, and focus on how important it is to get on the other side of that lens! I adore Kyle and he's growing sooo fast so I dont want to forget special days like this, special mother-son moments.  It's kind of hard to lug my camera on these adventures because I dont have a basket on my pink Schwinn yet, but it's so worth it! I think us scrapbookers need to remember why it is that we take pictures. It's so easy to get lost in the gorgeous supplies and papers and trims etc., that sometimes we need to remind ourselves the real reason we take pictures. Well, what is a picture? It is a single moment in time that is recorded. Just one second out of the thousands and thousands that kind of flow together to make our weeks and months and years just fly right on by. In a complete daze sometimes! We need to sllloooww down and be present in our lives. Just be.

So get on over to The Pixie Dust Paperie Blog and join in the fun! Find one of your favorite pics and scrap it! Dont be skeered! Winner gets a $15.00 dollar gift certificate at their shop woohoo! You have until the 31st...reaaaddyyy..go!

Love you all!

xoxo Rah







1 comment:

Miae said...

That's a beautiful picture of you both! Wonderful elements on this page from the cute envelope to the layered flower!