Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tag You're It!

Hey hi!! How is your weekend going? Have you been creating anything?! I have been playing a little, but mostly spring cleaning my scrap room. It really needed it! It feels so good to do that sometimes, doesn't it? So I don't know if you've heard, but Heidi Swapp has started a HUGE creative storm with some of her new products, Color Shine and Color Magic. Color shine is a spray mist that comes in an assortment of beautiful colors, and has coordinating elements such as paper, tags, ribbon and trims, etc which is the Color Magic.  Just recently Michaels stores all over the country have started carrying this amazing line, which  results in a very dangerous situation for me!! lol I love this stuff! The possibilities are truly endless. After I ran  up there and grabbed a buttload bunch of products, I came home and got right to work. I was a little scared at first, so I wanted to create something small, yet pretty ;) I started off with Georgia Peach and Primrose;


I took some of Heidi's Color Magic products, started playing, and this is what I came up with;




Tag mini books are so much fun to make! I love lots of layers, and this is the perfect way to do that. I layered a Color Magic tag, a tag I made with Vintage Chic paper, and a Vintage Chic note. I just put a little looseleaf ring through the top and voila! A tag mini. On the back page I used white heat embossing powder and a big ole swirly stamp from my stash, and then sprayed the Color Shine over it. It worked really well! I love the contrast! 



This is a picture of my momma and I at Creative Escape that I stuck inside a little mini Insta frame, then just layered some Color Magic banners and borders underneath. 

There are so many pretty colors! Next I wanted to play with these two colors;


I took a Color Magic tag and some Color Magic paper, trimmed the paper into a tag shape, and did another tag mini album. 



One day I was looking through some really old pics from my dads side of the family, and found a lady in her bathing suit. I dont know who she is, but for some reason an idea popped into my head that she needed to be made into a mermaid lol! Poor thing. I just doodled a tail onto chipboard, cut it out and hand glued a gazillion little sequins onto it. 




Isn't that fun?! Just something inspiring and pretty to have layin around. Not sure what I want to do on the back tag yet? 

So anyhoo, I am so excited for Heidi! She is such a beautiful person inside and out. I have been blessed to take a few classes from her, and she is always so much fun! If you get a chance head over to Heidi's blog and get some inspiration! There are some wonderful things going on over there, and I'm sure you'll be inspired to make pretty things!! 

Thank you for stopping by, and have a beautiful Sunday!

Love, Rah






1 comment:

Vintage Rose said...

Love, love what you created with the new Heidi Swapp line. I just bought some of the color shine, can't wait to use it.