Thursday, September 8, 2011

Shoot For The Moon

Hey peeps! Wow I dont know about you guys but today was just creeeeeepppiiinnn by for me.. I was sooo happy to come home and just be. Sometimes I have amazing days where I feel like Im actually accomplishing something productive, and others I just feel exhausted and down and I just feel like Im spinning my wheels faster & faster and not getting anywhere, can I get a witness? Yesterday was one of those down days for me. Until I got an email that turned my whole day around! ;) Dont you just love those?! What was this uplifting email you ask?   Wellll The Shabby Tea Room had a design team call for 2 designers so I thought Id give it a whirl and submit something. I didnt really think I was gonna get picked but you just never know yes? Well sadly I didnt get picked. BUT. I did get an email saying that I was one of the runner uppers (yes thats a technical term) and they wanted to know if I would like to be a guest designer for the week of November 21st isnt that so exciting?! My first time ever being a guest designer!! So here's the project I submitted. The theme was "Lets Have Tea," using pink, yellow, and blue and flowers.
It's actually an invitation to a tea party. I made a pocket using a Sizzix die cut, and made a little card to fit inside it. I love making things for people that make them actually have to work for it interact with the project I think it makes it more interesting and fun, yes?


Most of the products used are from the Melissa Frances 5th Avenue line, along with some chipboard letters from The Girls Paperie, vintage seam binding, and embellishments from Prima.  I am bummed that I didnt get a design team spot but you gotta start somewhere right? I am so thankful for getting to do this, maybe this will open some doors for me! How does the saying go?  Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars? Woo hoo! So thanks for hangin out loves and for sharing this exciting news with me! Good night!

xoxo Rah

PS I just now noticed that one of the beads on the beaded trim is sticking up can you believe that?! OOps ;)

No comments: