Friday, February 10, 2012

Frog Prince

WWooohooo!! TGIF!!!! I love Fridays, it means a whole new weekend of possibilities!! I have tons planned, such as painting my downstairs bathroom Im super excited! Wow is it scary picking out paint, kind of stressful but fun too ;) Maybe Ill show some before & after shots...
Anyhoo, over at Pixie Dust Paperie they have the new challenge for February going, and the theme is "The Land Of Fairy Tales." Now, I gotta tell ya, this was defenitely a challenge for me! I have 2 boys so I literally didn't have 1 thing fairy tale-ish, so I totally had to wing it! Here's the picture to use for inspiration;


Pretty picture, right? But wow I gotta admit I was a little stumped....what to make what to make....then I stumbled upon my cute little frog die cut from The Butterfly Garden line by Pink Paislee...and BAM! If I threw a crown on the little guy he'd be the freekin frog prince! Oh yeaahhh!!! Sooo here's my card sportin the little fella, waitin for his smoochie...

Just chillin on his pad...

Waitin for his lady..

I love this soft green flower, so pretty...



I was worried that fellow artisans would see it and not get the whole "frog prince" thing, but the kiss me kind of helps doesnt it? Sometimes when I think something is clever, people don't always get it lol ah well. It was a fun challenge! Here's some ingredients;

patterned paper; Pink Paislee
chipboard swirly frame; Dusty Attic
white crackle paint; Tim Holtz
dies; Pink Paislee
twine; American Crafts
letter stickers & flowers; Prima
flower center; Jolees
crown; Melissa Frances
pearls; Hobby Lobby

Head on over there and getchur scrap on! The winner gets a gift certificate for $15.00 at The Pixie Dust Paperie!!

Thanks for stoppin in loves!!

xoxo Rah




4 comments:

Sandy said...

I've been perusing your site for a few minutes and you have so much eye candy I think I'll be here all day! You are one AWESOME, SUPER TALENTED lady. I'm looking forward to seeing the other posts on your blog!

Sheila said...

LOVE this...magical...the frog is sooo adorable!

lauren bergold said...

oh ♥WOW♥ i think i have project envy... i think your frog may also be more handsome than mine... (tho mine is totally REGAL which i think helps for the kissin', lol!!!) another BRILLIANT pixie project and utterly luscious take on the "fairy tale" theme!

Angi Barrs said...

Love your adorable frog prince. :)