Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Honeycomb

Nooonooo not the cereal silly, the pattern! I'm sure you've noticed that the hexagon-honeycomb pattern is all the rage now, yes? Well over at the Create Blog they have a new challenge going and it's to use this hexagonlike pattern. Though I didn't have a punch or stamp with this shape, I did have the delicious new MME honeycomb paper from the "Follow Your Heart" line, so I decided to use that. It is so pretty and springy, I just felt the urge to have a birdcage on it...




I know I should've put some grungeboard or chipboard underneath my little feathered friend because there's kind of a lump now, but I thought the glittery paper was going to be thick enough buuutttt it wasnt, and Im sorry. Im an idiot.  This will bug me forever that I didn't fix it buttttt Im trying to teach myself to just let it go. Let it go. Say it with me ladies; LET IT GO... Ok we're better now, moving on ;)



Oh my gosh Im so addicted to this beaded trim! I love layering on top of the ribbon part it looks so pretty! I got this pale greeny colored one at JoAnns, but I've seen it at Michaels too. Be careful. You're going to love it. These gorgeous photo corners at the top are Recollections from Michaels as well, aren't they pretty?!

So you should go play along, break out those hexagons! If you know of any hexagon punches let me know, I haven't seen any...

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

xoxo Rah




4 comments:

Sonya said...

Oh Sarah...what a beautiful work of art!!

Becky Dunham said...

This is gorgeous Sarah and I would not have noticed the bulge, not right away anyway :) Creative Memories used to have a hexagon punch and the last time I was on the website, they had them on clearance but that was a while ago. If you lived close to me, I would let you use mine! Hey, maybe I could punch some for you? Let me know!

Stacy said...

Sarah, this is stunning! I adore all of the pretty details. I'm going to need to check out the beaded trim the next time I'm at a craft store, I love what you did with it.

Nancy Jensen said...

Your project is gorgeous! I'm the same way... if I find something that bugs me about a project I'm doing it bugs me so much if I don't fix it. I'm trying to learn to relax too. Your project is fabulous so I'm glad you didn't try to fix it.