Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Lovely Pie In June

Oh dear. It has been awhile. It feels so good to be back! I have been working 7-12's since the middle of April!! Talk about exhaustion. I am so thankful to be working, but jeez!! So I do apologize, my darling readers, for my absence. How has your spring been? I finally got to spend some time with my mom yesterday, we had the most delightful day!! There is an amazing store called Whimsy that I absolutely adore, and the very talented owner Traci Tessone was hosting a very special event;

 
I don't know what made me check her blog that day, but I'm sure glad I did! I bought a ticket for my mom and I, I knew it would be just the thing for me coming off of these long hours. There is something about spending time with kindred spirits, sort of a healing, wouldn't you say? Ladies that understand why you have 20lbs. of baubles hanging from your neck, or why you're contorting in every which way to capture the perfect angle of your watermelon gazpacho? (Which by the way was amazing)! ;)
 
So we got to spend some time with the ladies that created "Pieography!"
 
 

and Traci.
 
 
 
These two women are beautiful souls and it was pure delight listening to them share their adventures in the making of this fabulous book! Anne Marie baked every delicious pie with love ;) and Traci used her camera to beautifully capture the essence of every pie, all while collaborating with the editor in chief of Where Women Create, Jo Packham.
 
Traci Tessone, the owner of Whimsy, created the most stunning setting, you would never guess we were smack dab right in the middle of a flea market!!
 
 
 
 
She has such an eye for detail, from the beautiful vintage tea settings filled with pink roses,
 

 
down to the pink & white striped straws in our pink champagne! Every inch was bliss.
 


 
Isn't this ruffley table cloth gorgeous?! Traci has them in her Etsy shop!!

                               

After everyone ate, Traci instructed us on creating these beautiful flower arrangements with the tea cups that were at our place setting. The pink roses we used. Were. Stunning. Another example of Gods amazing love for us.



 
And here's what we made;
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was so much fun!! And of course, as if the day couldn't get any better, Anne Marie was kind enough to bake us, yep. You guessed it. PIES!!!
 
 
 
Wasn't that sweet of her?! She rocks! I got to try the Strawberry Rhubarb, and I have to tell you that it was literally the best pie I have ever eaten. It was so good. I wish I could tell you that my darling little pink & white striped-to-go-pie container made it home with a crumbly and ever so juicy slice of heaven fully intact buuttt....
 
 
I would be lying. It didn't even make it near the edge of the table. I devoured every last morsel. It was amazing. Thank you Anne Marie!  
 
After this lovely luncheon with our new friends, my mom and I explored a few stores, enjoyed a hot cup of coffee, and admired our newfound treasures.
 
 
Thank you Anne Marie & Traci of Pieography for taking the time to share some pie and laughs, and thank you Traci of Whimsy for this purely decadent day, it was just what my  heart and soul needed ;) One thing I learned today? Pie defenitely tastes better while sharing it in the company of kindred spirits. Love you girls!
 
Have a blessed day everyone!! I've missed you!!
 
xoxo Rah
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

Whimsy said...

OMG! You are too sweet - it was so great to see you and your mother! Looking forward to the next one and maybe one day you showing us how you made that amazing card!!!
Xox Traci