Sunday, February 2, 2014

So Lucky To Have You!

Hey happy happy Sunday! I woke up to a beautiful landscape of rolling snowy drifts sprinkled with tiny specks of glitter, one of Gods greatest gifts to me lol! I love that! It's so pretty it makes up for the coldness ;) I finally got my mitts on some of the new Colorshine Cards at Michaels by Heidi Swapp. I spent the whole darn day a few hours playing in the midst of shiny clouds of color yesterday and came up with some fun idears for them! The first one I'm going to show you is kinda weirrrrrd, being that it's just now turning February. I had this stinkin St. Patty's Day card in my head so I just bit the bullet and made it lol!

 
I do have the regular green Colorshine called "Chartreuse" but I didn't want it to be that dark, so I sprayed the Mustard & Teal together and let it sit and pool together, then blended it with my paper towel, which seems to be what made the magic happen.

 
The rest is just fun little details! I ran the little journaling die cut spot through my big shot with the word "lucky" die cut which is from Papertrey Ink. I love these new letter stamps from Lawn Fawn, so cute!
 
If you're wondering where the clovers came from, they are the back petals of one of the Colorshine flowers at Michaels, just tore them babies right off and sprayed them down! Cut them in half and you have yourself some clovers ;)

 
If you;ll notice on the tab below, there are some subtle music notes...
 

 
I wanted to add some visual interest without it being too busy, but don't freak if you don't have the perfect color ink to match, this is a quick fun tip that will work EVERY TIME!!
 
All you need is a stamp and your Versamark Watermark Stamp!
 
 
All you do is after you Colorshine, stamp your image in the watermark ink, then just let it sit and dry, don't do anything to it! It will dry just a tad bit darker than your background color, and it's the perfect color every time ;)
 

 
Isn't that awesome?! Love it!

 
I have some more cards to share, so stay tuned! Thanks for stopping by!
 
Love, Rah xoxo
 
 

No comments: