Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Paper Cakes

Hey hi! How was everyones Valentines Day? Mine was full of sweetness, thats for sure. I told the boys I would take them out for a special treat and do you know what they chose? Shamrock Shakes. Yeah. Anything in the world & thats what they wanted...But in their defense, we dont have a McDonalds or any fast food really in my town so when we get a chance to eat fast food, it's kind of a treat for them. (which is a good thing though because its so bad for you!) So anyway, I wanted to share a project with ya'll, something I love to make! I have a teeny scrap room, so storage is always a challenge for me. I try to think of cute ways to store my goodies to keep it looking like a studio, not a storage closet or something. Sooo I made a paper cake. I cant really tell ya if thats the proper terminology, but I love dessert so it works for me! :} These things are so easy to make and they are so much fun! All you need is the round paper mache boxes and some scrap supplies and youre good to go!

I must say this is one of my favorite things Ive ever made! I llloovvvve this cherry paper from October Afternoon, its one of my faves. So here are some supplies I used;
Paper; October Afternoon & Cosmo Cricket
Stickers; October Afternoon
Rub on Letters; Heidi Swapp
Other; rhinestones, flowers, ribbon, ric-rac, buttons, paper mache boxes

I hope this inspired you to make one, they are fun & easy & inexpensive! So get organized sister!

Have a wonderful evening! xoxo

1 comment:

Mandy said...

The boxes are so cute. I have something similar from a store called "The container store" I have 3 rectangular boxes that are black and white flower printed. I store my ribbon, stamps and small patterned paper in them.

It is a very good thing you don't fast food around. You wouldn't be tempt with unhealthy food.