Monday, February 14, 2011

A Real Love Story

Happy Valentines Day my lovelies! I really love Valentines Day, it's not just a "Hallmark Holiday" to me. I think love is so important in our lives, I dont care how much denial someone is in, everyone needs it. And lets face it-if the world had more of it, itd be a much happier place, yes? So instead of posting something creative, I wanted to share some of my favorite bible verses that deal with this crazy roller coaster emotion. In my studies I have come across some really good ones! (NIV versions) 

"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm. For LOVE is as strong as death, its jealousy as unyielding as the grave. It burns like a blazing fire, like a mighty flame."
Song of Solomon 8:6

Woah. That's what Im talking about.

"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth; for your LOVE is more delightful than wine."
Song of Solomon 1:2

Especially when you do the dishes...

"Better a meal of vegetables where there is LOVE than a fattened calf (prime-rib medium-rare) with hatred."
Proverbs 15:17

Okkkayy Okkaayy. It didnt say prime rib.  Tomorrows lesson; Gluttony! LOL  Just kidding!

"Greater LOVE has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
John 15;13

"Dear children, let us not LOVE with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."
1 John 3:18   (soooo gooood!)

And 2 really important ones that show AGAPE LOVE;

"This is how we know what LOVE is; Jesus Christ laid down his life for us."
1 John 3:16

"But God demonstrates his own LOVE for us in this; while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
Romans 5:8

Thats awesome!  To know that even though we are sinners God loves us and made a way for us to spend eternity with Him?!?! Even by His own son having to die for us?!?!  Now that's a real love story!

Have you told God lately that you Love Him?

Love you all! Good night!
   

No comments: