Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Crate Paper June Sketch Challenge

Do you know how hard it is to type with a fat kitty (Mr. Miagi) laying across your arm n chest with his head on the laptop and his paw on your mouth? Its like he's saying "be quiet and just let me sleep here for a second gigantor." So anyway, how was your day today? I had some excitement this morning when I saw that over at the October Afternoon Blog one of my layouts was in the Flickr Feature! How exciting! There are so many awesome projects in their Flickr gallery! You should go check it out. Also, over at the Crate Paper Blog their June Sketch Challenge is going on, you should participate! Here's the sketch;


Here's my page;


Isnt it different?! I lovvve the minty green color, Ive been rather obsessed with this color lately I must say. The title was inspired by Frank Sinatras song "Summer Wind" which Ive been replaying over & over, and I used the black sequin trim swirlys to "simulate" the wind. (Did you get that effect at all? Please? Anyone?) The picture is of my great grandparents summer lovin each other at the beach. Isnt that so sweet? I love how men used to wear one piece suits how funny! If we saw that nowadays we'd be like, ummm, yeeeaahhhh....These are the same folks on that birthday layout I did a few posts back.






Those waves would have been so much cuter with some stitching across them, buttt I currently dont know the location of my sewing machine so they are gonna have to do.
So you should go play, you have until the 26th to enter so get busy! Good night!

xoxo Rah

No comments: