Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sweet June

Hey yall! What a beeaauutttiifffulll day but a little toasty in these parts :} I really try hard not to complain when its hot because trust me sister, when its cold, I do enough complaining for all of us. So June has been one of my favorite months ever since I was little. It means the end of school, the beginning of summer, baseball, bbqs, fresh strawberry shortcake, sunkissed skin, Fathers Day, countless outdoor activities, and last but not least, my birthday that I decided not to have anymore because I swear the older i get, the faster time goes! Can I get a witness?! I must hand it to myself though turning 30 really had no effect on me mentally. But physically, it freekin stinks leeetttts just save that for another blog post....I have been thinking about my bday though and I like to look through all the old pix my ma took of my birthday parties growing up. I am so thankful there are so many! I really need to start scrapping them cuz there are so many amazing memories that flood my mind..so many people in my family that I love that have passed on. I feel like its my duty to start scrappin these so we can see these beloved faces all the time not just in our faded memory. Soo I saw all these old bday pix and realized that my great grandparents (Minnie & Gramps) were in so many of them! That really was a bittersweet feeling. I was happy they were always there but also they have been gone for awhile so I miss them soooo much. I wish I wouldve been older so I couldve appreciated them more and prolly learned so much about their lives. I knew I wanted to create a layout featuring these feelings I was having and I spotted this sketch over at Elles Studio and I didnt discover it in time to participate in the challenge but thats ok! Here's the sketch;
I flipped it around and put the 3 elements on top and used one of my all time favorite lines by October Afternoon mixed in with some Elles Studio Handmade Layers and Cosmo Cricket goodness.





Yes thats me in the middle, and no, I dont know what happened to the cuteness.



Ledger cardstock letters by The Girls Paperie, and the rose cabuchon by American Crafts.



A little pull out tag journaling action.


Sorry for the long post guys, havent been able to blog much. Its been work n baseball, baseball and work. Thats okay though! Life is beautiful!  Bring on the glorious summer. Have  a wonderful evening. Love yas!

xoxo Rah



No comments: