Sunday, September 23, 2012

Angels

Happy fall y'all! Is today really the first day of Autumn?! I don't believe it! Where has the summer gone? Im so sad!  I do love this weather though, the sweatshirt n jeans wearin-chili eatin-kid snugglin-pumpkin pickin-buttoning up the hatches kind of weather. Cool crisp air, stunningly blue skies, ahh yes. Love it. However, one of my favorite things to do in the summertime is of course, boating! When I was growing up we always had a boat, and spent many a weekend at the river. So you can imagine how wonderful it was for me to take my sons there to enjoy so many beautiful warm summer afternoons, just like I did when I was little. I loved laying a blanket out on the grass for the boys to lay on. One day my mother in law (now my ex-mother in law haha) snapped a picture of my son, and it is still one of my faves to this day. I love the lighting and the shadows, the way he's looking up at the camera. So precious. I think I've scrapped it a few times, but here is the most recent layout I did with it, for the sketch challenge over at The Dusty Attic. Here's the sketch;

 
Here's my layout;
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I also added some journaling onto a die cut that I can slide in and out,
 
 
Super fun! I love interactive components on pages ;)
 
Well I hope you enjoyed my little layout, you should go check out The Dusty Attic website, there's a TON of inspiration over there by their amazing design team!
 
Have a wonderful day my little papercrafting peeps!
 
xoxo Rah
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: