Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Be Soulful

Woah it's already Wednesday?! Woohoo for the short work week! ;) I'm sure you've seen the latest craze in altering paint brushes, and that's what our challenge for today was over at the Marion Smith Designs blog. It was so much fun! It was like working with a blank canvas, doing whatever popped into my imagination is what came out onto the brush. Here is what I came up with, using some of the beautiful papers from Marion Smith's shop!


I just love angels, so anytime I can throw a set of wings on something, that's what's gonna happen lol!







Some fussy cut flowers all nestled in from Marion's stunning new Nirvana collection coming out soon!



Wings from Prima Marketing, word stickers from Melody Ross, metal word is a jewelry finding from Michaels,


Hope you like it! I think my girl slid down a little so I was debating on adding a small crown above her, what do you think?

This would be a great swap or a gift for an artsy friend to hang in their studio! Maybe attach a little frame with your picture? Or have your kids decorate their own brush with their picture and hang it in your studio?! Ugh so cute!

I love art! And it's even more awesome when it has a special meaning to it, yes? I put the words "be soulful" to remind me to create things with a purpose, not just for the sake of making something pretty all the time.

Have an amazing artsy day and don't forget to go check out the other stunning brushes from the rest of the design team over at Marion's blog! What a fabulous team!

Love, Rah
xoxo

1 comment:

Alina said...

Awesome project! Love it! It is such a great idea!